Zesty Green Beans with Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
Want to add some serious zing to your dinner plate? These Zesty Green Beans with Lemon Vinaigrette pair up nicely with our Red Trout with Salsa Verde. The legumes pack in Vitamin K (which benefits bone health) and manganese (a must for keeping your blood sugar levels in check), making them a healthy side that can be made in a 15 minutes flat!
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- juice from 1 small lemon; reserve 1 tablespoon of zest
- sea salt and black pepper
- Gently toss the green beans into boiling hot water for 1-2 minutes. As they start to turn bright green, remove them and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water.
- Once the beans have cooled down, place them on a towel to dry. Then add them to a small bowl, along with the shallots.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest vinegar, mustard, and honey. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the vinaigrette over the beans, and sprinkle with additional zest if desired.