Skillet Cornbread Recipe
Fill your house with the heavenly aroma of this Southern favorite—a delightful pairing for our Catfish and Cajun Creme. This easy-to-bake cornbread only requires 8 ingredients including yellow cornmeal, almond milk, ghee (or grass-fed butter), maple syrup, sea salt, and sweet paprika that make for an all-around healthier rendition. But to enjoy it in its full glory, serve up with a pat of butter or a spoonful of molasses.
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups of yellow cornmeal
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 tablespoons grass fed butter, or ghee
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Preheat your oven to 425° F. Season an 8 or 10-inch cast iron skillet with 3 tablespoons of butter, and place in the oven until the butter melts.
- While the skillet is heating through, combine your dry ingredients in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, mix together the almond milk, eggs, and maple syrup.
- Add the cornmeal mixture to the wet ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Remove the buttered skillet from the oven, and pour the batter over top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or just until the cornbread turns golden brown.
- Serve with butter, additional maple syrup, or sea salt.